TRANSFORMING VISUAL ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY SINCE 1976
LKC was founded in 1975 by Jerome Leight, Sigmund Krassowsky, and Frank Chen; hence, the initials LKC. Its first device was a telemetry in-hospital monitoring system for cardiac patients. In early 1976, LKC was introduced to a new device for the diagnosis of retina and optic nerve disease. This was the infancy of the Visual Electrodiagnostic Testing System.
Since 1976, LKC Technologies, Inc. (LKC) established itself as the industry leader in the manufacture of visual electrophysiology products.
- LKC was originally founded as a technology transfer from the Wilmer Eye Institute of Johns Hopkins University and the Wills Eye Institute in Philadelphia.
- LKC introduced the first commercial visual electrophysiology device in 1976.
- Introduced the first automated flash protocol.
- Introduced the industry’s smallest, lightest, and most quiet ultra-sensitive signal acquisition amplifier, the UBA-4204 Digital Biomedical Amplifier. The UBA was the industry’s first fiber optic amplifier that converted analog signals to digital signals producing clear signals.
- Migration from Xenon based flash stimulation to high brightness color LED flash stimulation products.
- Introduced the RETeval® device in 2013, the first hand-held, battery powered, portable, non-invasive, fully ISCEV-compliant ERG device for use on dilated or non-dilated eyes.
Additional Facts about LKC:
- LKC’s diagnostic solutions can be found in over 60 countries worldwide, being used for human clinical and research purposes, as well as for basic and pre-clinical animal model research.
- LKC holds six patents for its product line and has three additional patents pending.
- LKC has received four Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Grants from the National Institutes of Health.
- LKC is FDA registered as a medical device establishment with 510(k) clearances on its products.
- LKC maintains equivalent certifications and device clearances as necessary in various countries including, but not limited to; Canada, China, South Korea, Japan, and Australia and the European Union.
- LKC is ISO 13485:2003/2012 certified and maintains a Device Category IIa CE Certificate (BSi International) as well as a CB certificate (Metlabs/Intertek). See more on LKC’s certifications here.