Title: Software Engineer
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
LKC Technologies is an established company that designs, builds, and sells innovative medical devices around the world. LKC is looking for software engineers to join the team to help develop devices that detect vision-threatening diseases of the retina. Come join our small multi-disciplinary development team where the software engineers have a crucial role in how products are designed, manufactured, and supported in the field.
Depending on the qualifications and interests of the candidate, the role includes developing firmware for Linux-based devices, developing MS Windows 10 applications to control custom hardware, signal and video processing, and working with researchers and clinicians to implement new visual screening tests.
Skills & Requirements
– 3+ years of professional software engineering experience using C/C++
– Unix/Linux background
– Interest in human vision and diseases of the retina
– Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or related work experience
– GitHub portfolio or other accessible code samples
– Experience with Visual studio and Qt Creator IDEs
– Interest and aptitude in embedded software development
– Familiarity with the git version control system
We offer a team-oriented environment and competitive compensation in the Washington, DC metro area.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LKC Technologies is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.